Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A 70's Theme Party


There's nothing like a theme party to get the creative juices flowing!  Theme parties can be wonderfully challenging and fun. For this 70's themed birthday party we focused on nostalgic candies with a candy buffet that was filled with candies we used to find at the local Penny Candy Store!  A "Soul Train" scrammble board, for which winning contestants received "old school" prizes such as yo yo's, jacks, and those little green army men.

There were plenty of afros, bell bottoms and platform shoes as well! and the dj provided the perfect mix of old shcool music and strobe lights! 

10 comments:

  1. Cool! I love the way you placed the foam heads with the hair and hats, what a creative way to decorate :) The train artwork is really nice too, did you have a designer paint that, or was it bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had an artist paint it - he did a great job! Thanks, the foam heads were decorations, but also for anyone who wanted to use the wigs and hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intersted in purchasing "The Hustle" and "The Bump" wall decals. Please advise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go to vista print a click wall decals. you will have to create your own art work. Good luck.

      Delete
  4. Hi I am planning a Soul Train 70's party in April I am having a hard time finding the right decor for this theme and I would love to purchase The Hustle and The Bump wall decals please advise!! you may contact me by email mssweetness1715@gmail.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did anyone get back to u. i'm also interested

      Delete
  5. i'm trying to purchase the soul train theme. where do i purchase email me at mzari35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. From G. Wheeler I am trying to plan 40th birthday party for my daughter. This was a bit before her time of course, but my grand daughter said she mentioned a soul train party. Please Advise! gwendolyn_wheeler2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I purchase a soul train scramble board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email- ladyleo322000@yahoo.com.

      P.s really need one for my 50,the B-day party 7/21. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

      Delete