Friday, May 28, 2010

Brides Against Breast Cancer - Tour of Gowns!!!





Earlier this year I had the pleasure of volunteering for Brides Against Breast Cancer, Nationwide Tour of Gowns!  The tour came to Massachusetts and I caught up with them at Bloomingdale's in Boston. What a great experience for such a wonderful cause!  The staff and volunteers where very knowledgeable about the tour process and very helpful to the brides-to-be, that were searching for that perfect gown.

 "Gowns are generously donated from bridal designers, manufacturers, retailers and individuals.  The tour visits more than 40 U.S. cities each year with a important awareness message and a truckload of fashion for brides-to-be who honor breast cancer victims by purchasing their gowns at BABC sales."

As a wedding industry professional, and someone who has seen the devastating effects of breast cancer, I am very committed to this organization and am working with the tour director to bring the Tour of Gowns back to Massachusetts this summer or fall!!   I will keep you posted as to an exact date and time.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to volunteer if they come to Hartford, CT in he Fall, but more importantly I want to get involved with bringing them to Danbury, CT - because I know that various people I am involved with through networking will donate their time and resources to help out. I'll be contacting the person responsible for the NE sales later today.
    Thanks for sending the blog link to me - I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this blog post. It is quite informative and also rich in quality informational detail for all types of readers. I am a routine researcher and reader who reads different blog posts on a daily basis for the sake of knowledge. So as a part of readers' society, I want to pay my role in increasing the knowledge of other readers and researchers. I recently wrote a piece with the same quality of information on herbalife afresh, you can also read it. This will surely increase the knowledge and the interest of readers who regularly visit your site.

    ReplyDelete